Analysis and optimization of logistics processes
Lean Logistics - use lean methods to achieve efficient logistics and optimal processes in material flow and process optimization!
The process analysis procedure is the standard building block and basis in our consulting projects. The aim of the process analysis is to identify weak points in the processes and potential for improvement with regard to increasing process stability, performance, profitability or ergonomics.
Our methods for process analysis are based on the following tools:
- Analytics using data analysis of your inventory and movement data (e.g. from your Warehouse Management System (WMS) and your ERP system)
Checking of stocks, range of coverage analyses, lot sizes, access and movement structures, order and article structure.
- Gemba-Walk: We go to the scene of the action, talk to operational staff, outline processes and document special features. For the consultants at IWL this provides direct and unbiased impressions of your processes and work-flows for pragmatic solutions.
- By using visual process representation, such as a process flow chart, we offer project teams a digital medium to coordinate processes and procedures and to exchange information easily.
The experienced experts at IWL AG have mastered the tools and process analysis techniques in order to deliver results quickly.
Leading companies trust in our services
Lean Logistics – through material flow and process optimization for optimal logistics!
Optimize processes – control flows. This is the guiding principle of the logistics specialists at IWL, who have many years of experience in process optimization for logistics and production. At the latest since the “Toyota Principle”, process optimization has become an integral part of logistics for industrial companies.
After the individual processes in the company have been included in the strengths and weaknesses analysis, our experienced consultants then evaluate them and develop a strategy for optimization. The goal is to create lean and efficient processes that offer high performance. This increases your competitiveness in the market.
Why do companies carry out optimization projects?
The driving motives are different:
- Improvementof profitability (savings in logistics costs)
- Lean processes should result from process optimization
- A company transformation to Logistics 4.0 is to be initiated
- The internal material flow in the warehouse is to be streamlined and processes simplified
- Intra-logistics is optimized as an integral part of the supply chain
- Internal resources, in the form of personnel and production materials, should be used more consciously
- Processing times should be shortened in order to increasecustomer service
- Continuous improvement processes should contribute to a sustainable increase in efficiency and profitability
- and many individual reasons more…
Our services for your optimal logistics:
- Holistic view of your processes with focus on the core competence areas and the business processes critical to competition
- Identification of optimization potentials e.g. through observations, interviews, analysis of data and application of the above mentioned methods
- Conversion of the optimization potentials into process descriptions
- Joint workshops with description of objectives and design of target processes
- Support in the implementation of the target concept and process adjustments
Are you currently facing one or more of these challenges? With over 30 years of experience in this field, we are at your side as a competent partner and together we will put your set goals into practice!
Which methods do we use for process optimization?
There are many different ways to analyze and evaluate processes. Process optimization is a desired result of process consulting, in which we use the following methods to support you
- Digitalization and visualization of business processes
- Process analysis with process flow chart (PAP)
- Key figure formation, Six Sigma & quality management
- Balanced Scorecard
- Lean management methods
- 5S method
- Kaizen & continuous improvement processes (KVP)
- Business Process Reengineering (BPR)
- Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Creative techniques for brainstorming
These methods are not only used for process optimization for manufacturing companies, but especially for processes in intra logistics. For us, the term Industry 4.0 is no empty phrase, but stands for methods such as automation using autonomous mobile robots, process automation using warehouse management systems or the use of smart devices and RFID tags. Our process optimization methods are solution-oriented and are tailored to our customers from large industry and SME companies.
Thanks to a structured approach and in-depth expertise, you can benefit from increased yield and performance, shorter throughput times,optimum capacity utilization and greater flexibility.
Material flow optimization as core element of process optimization
The core process in logistics is to store and transport the goods. Therefore, one of the core elements of process optimization in logistics is to optimize the material flow as well. A process analysis is carried out after the definition of suitable key figures, which only allow the measurement of a possible improvement. In doing so, the actual procedures and related IT processes are recorded. After analysis and optimization using the methods already mentioned, our consultants are able to show you the optimal material flow processes and transfer them into reality in the form of target processes.
The focus is on designing reliable processes with the least possible waste: