Optimization of processes, material and information flows
Lean Logistics - use lean methods to achieve efficient logistics and optimal processes in material flow and process optimization!
Optimize processes – control flows. This is the guiding principle of the logistics specialists at IWL, who have many years of experience in process optimization for logistics and production. At the latest since the “Toyota Principle”, process optimization has become an integral part of logistics for industrial companies.
The core of process optimization is the analysis of strengths and weaknesses of the individual processes in the company. The aim is to create lean processes that are highly efficient. This increases your competitiveness in the market.
Why do companies carry out optimization projects? The driving motives are different:
- Improvement of the economic efficiency
- Lean processes should result from process optimization
- A company transformation to Logistics 4.0 is to be initiated
- The internal material flow in the warehouse is to be streamlined and processes simplified
- Intra logistics is optimized as an integral part of the supply chain
- Internal resources, in the form of personnel and production materials, should be used more consciously
- Processing times should be shortened in order to increase customer service
- Continuous improvement processes should contribute to a sustainable increase in efficiency and profitability
- and many more individual reasons…
Are you currently facing one or more of these challenges? With over 30 years of experience in this field, we are at your side as a competent partner and together we will put your set goals into practice.
Our services for your optimal logistics:
Which methods do we use for process optimization?
There are many different ways to analyze and evaluate processes. Process optimization is a desired result of process consulting, in which we use the following methods to support you:
- Digitalization and visualization of business processes
- Process analysis with process flow chart (PAP)
- Key figure formation, Six Sigma & quality management
- Balanced Scorecard
- Lean management methods
- 5S method
- Kaizen & continuous improvement processes (KVP)
- Business Process Reengineering (BPR)
- Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Creative techniques for brainstorming
These methods are not only used for process optimization for manufacturing companies, but especially for processes in intra logistics. For us, the term Industry 4.0 is no empty phrase, but stands for methods such as automation using autonomous mobile robots, process automation using warehouse management systems or the use of smart devices and RFID tags. Our process optimization methods are solution-oriented and are tailored to our customers from large industry and SME companies.
Thanks to a structured approach and in-depth expertise, you can benefit from increased yield and performance, shorter throughput times,optimum capacity utilization and greater flexibility.
Leading companies trust in our services
Material flow optimization as core element of process optimization
The core process in logistics is to store and transport the goods. Therefore, one of the core elements of process optimization in logistics is to optimize the material flow as well. A process analysis is carried out after the definition of suitable key figures, which only allow the measurement of a possible improvement. In doing so, the actual procedures and related IT processes are recorded. After analysis and optimization using the methods already mentioned, our consultants are able to show you the optimal material flow processes and transfer them into reality in the form of target processes.
The focus is on designing reliable processes with the least possible waste:
- Reduction of handling processes
- Optimization of stocks
- Reduction of processing times