Selection of suitable IT systems
SAP or non-SAP? Which warehouse management system is best suited for my project? We help you from the planning to the introduction and optimization of your IT systems.
The control of logistic processes and facilities by intelligent IT systems is becoming more and more important. Effective processes and logistics systems are unthinkable without suitable IT systems. The use of IT systems ranges from material flow and warehouse control to inventory optimization and personnel requirements planning. Incomplete or outdated IT systems prevent you from fully exploiting your potential.
Efficient logistics processes can only be achieved through reliable logistics IT systems. The introduction or optimization of a warehouse management system (WMS) with or without a material flow control system (MFC) enables operational activities and logistic decisions at the highest level.
With our cross-industry experience in complex IT projects we help you to make a successful system selection and we accompany you during the entire implementation process and beyond.
We support you in the selection, introduction and optimization of systems. Our range of services includes ERP systems with integrated functions and pure warehouse management systems (WMS). Our advice is, as usual, independent of the supplier. In this way we find the optimal IT solution for your application.
Our services in the planning and implementation of logistic IT systems
Selection of ERP systems for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
The selection and integration of an ERP system is for most of our customers’ managers a unique task in their professional life. Building up the necessary project know-how internally in a medium-sized company is therefore difficult and not very practical.
For us the selection of suitable IT systems is daily business!
The right ERP for your company is defined by your processes and their adequate mapping in a system. The preparation of decisions and the selection of a suitable system is thebasis of the entire project and decisive for success or failure.
Our services in the selection of ERP systems:
- Definition of the business processes to be depicted and creation of a catalog of requirements (specification sheet)
- Preparation of bidder lists according to the process requirements and support in the selection of bidders (bid evaluations, bid comparisons, conference room pilots, etc.) up to an award recommendation
- Development of changeover scenarios, test concepts, training documents and organizational instructions
The introduction of a new warehouse management system poses a number of challenges for those involved in the project.
Decisive for a successful implementation is the exact analysis of the existing logistics processes, the identification of optimization potentials and the implementation of these via the Warehouse Management System functionalities and material flow control.
Another key factor when introducing a WMS is to ensure a smooth transfer of knowledge. This means that the required WMS knowledge and newly designed processes must be passed on to the users in the long term.
As a competent and experienced partner, we are happy to support you in mastering these challenges and are at your side with advice throughout the entire project.
Our special services:
- Conception of optimal logistics processes
- Illustration of the material flow technology as basis for the control
- Preparation of the specification sheet and selection of suitable suppliers
- Order clarification and supervision of the creation of the specification sheet
- Design, preparation and implementation of the tests
- acceptance in stages (FAT, SAT)
- Preparation of go-live and live operation, supervision of the ramp-up
- Optimization of the systems
As experts for logistics processes and IT, we make our WMS know-how available to you. The planning and implementation support of SAP EWM is part of our daily routine. We would be pleased to support you in finding a SAP solution suitable for your company and your IT system landscape (EWM with ECC, EWM with S/4 HANA (embedded, decentralized), etc.)
Our special services for the planning and implementation of SAP EWM:
- Conception of optimal logistics processes and
- Feasibility check in SAP EWM
- Definition of a suitable SAP solution based on your corporate strategy and IT system landscape
- Support during the offer phase and assistance in selecting a suitable SAP-EWM supplier
- Support during the business blueprint phase (workshop support, testing etc.)
- Planning and execution of tests for implementing SAP EWM
- Support during the implementation of SAP EWM (support during commissioning, acceptance etc.)
Due to its flexibility and scalability, cloud technology offers versatile improvement potential for your IT in the warehouse.
The continuing trend towards cloud computing products led to a new generation of warehouse management systems. More and more WMS suppliers offer their software solutions in the cloud. Depending on customer requirements, the new WMS generation can be used in the private, public or hybrid cloud and generate various benefits.
What potential is there for you in a Cloud WMS solution?
- We check whether a Cloud WMS solution is worthwhile for you
- If this is the case, we use a potential analysis to identify which Cloud WMS solution offers the most advantages in your company.
- We point out the opportunities and risks for your company
- The profitability analysis provides information about the profitability of using Cloud WMS compared to other technologies.
You will also benefit from our realized market study: “The Potential of Cloud WMS Systems for Companies”. This provides important information on previous market trends, opportunities and risks as well as the areas of application of Cloud WMS.
We are happy to support you in deciding whether Cloud WMS is also suitable for your company.